Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the joys of Facebook (or not of Facebook as the case may be)

I love the status bar on Facebook. It's my favorite feature. I enjoy
trying to think up ways to fit what's going on in my life into the
prompt "Joy is . . . " It's a challenge sometimes. More than that, I
love seeing what my friends are up to. How else would I know that
former teachers of mine are biking, attending concerts, and going to
the dentist? How else would I know that former classmates of mine are
driving across North America or visiting the Rockies?

But there's so much going on. Sometimes my status could change every
minute and still not be up to date! Here are the things that don't
show up on Facebook:

Joy is drenched from watching a high school football game in the rain.

Joy is laughing her head off at having to try drying off with napkins
instead of towels.

Joy is wishing her sister were here to share the adventure.

Joy is having no luck actually catching her friend at a time when her
friend can talk.

Joy is thanking God for Dr. Raske and his gentle, true words.

Joy is wondering whether God's listening at the moment.

Joy is getting a speeding ticket.

Joy is wondering how ends are going to meet.

Joy is amazed that the ends are defying reason and meeting anyway.

Joy is a basket case.

Joy is thanking God for Mari's way of putting things into words. and
thanking God for using those words show that He truly is
listening--and answering.

Joy is laughing at the grocery story ads: on one side of the page is
all the junk food; on the other side is the weight-loss section.

Joy is wondering why most of the text on the Blogger website is
showing up in Japanese (and yes, I recognize the difference between
Chinese and Japanese--usually).

Joy is listening to music from The Wilds.

Joy is writing in her journal.

Joy is restarting her computer for the nth time.

Joy is hearing some of her friends commenting already, "you should get
a Twitter account!" Right =) With all of this going on, do I really
have time for one? =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget Twitter.
Get Gmail.
Then we can talk.
I don't do Twitter

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Joybells....
You should post more.
I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

TWITTER DOES NOT TAKE TIME!!! well... maybe just a tiny little bit, but it's only a few seconds!

DellaRose said...

harrison is a bother...that's what i think....
A speeding ticket!!!!
Joy, i must say...i am so proud!
...
i miss you.

Anonymous said...

@dellarose

and a cheerful happy birthday to you to!

*sticks out tongue* don't listen to her, Joy. I'm do not either bother...

I give trouble.

joyfully2b4u said...

DellaRose,
I'm so glad someone is proud of me! When I can cheange clothes in the car and rehearse my lines and put on my makeup as I'm driving, THEn you'll know I learned well =)

and Harrison, she has her own tongue and doesn't need yours *twinkling eyes*. And I agree--you do give me trouble: lots of it! heehee

Anonymous said...

ai... I can't spell

Ruth Camburn. said...

*dies laughing*
I can't stop laughing.

It makes me think of so many things I could put. Then again.. half of the best ones I really couldn't... *meaningful looks*