Saturday, September 15, 2007

In which I learn to read Chinese . . . or not

In posting from the computer I normally use, Blogger does not actually allow me to see what I am typing: I spend my time typing blind. While that occupation has its usefulness (such as stimulating my under-used brain cells to perform new feats of computation), actually SEEING what I am typing is definitely preferable. So here I sit at a computer that will allow me to see what I am typing.

This computer has other issues with Blogger: all of the Blogger text (such as the labels for the buttons to post, edit, manage settings, comment, publish . . . ) shows up in Chinese.

It's a good thing I know the general positions of the buttons I need to use.
It's a good thing Blogger also communicated through colors as well as through words.
It's a good thing I can type blind on most days.

No, I haven't really learned how to read Chinese.

3 comments:

walljm said...

your computer problems intrigue me. really, which mac are you posting from that gives you so much trouble? and what browser?

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE A MAC??????
Perish the thought.
*rolls eyes*
No wonder you have computer problems. *grin*

joyfully2b4u said...

J-
my trouble isn't confined to one computer nor to one browser--I've had trouble on both macs and pc's lately and on firefox as well as internet explorer =) kinda keeps life interesting =)