Saturday, May 27, 2006

Alternate fuels

This week I had grades due again (sorta--I just had to know who would get honor roll or not). This meant, of course, that I would have to stay up late to get some grading done. The problem--we had Crispix but were out of Dr. Pepper. Jonathan proffered Wild Cherry Pepsi as the best alternative, and it worked; but it just wasn't as good as DP. The consolation was that we had a bag of crunchy Cheetos in the house. So the grading fuel for Tuesday night was Wild Cheery Pepsi and Cheetos, Wednesday night the same, and Thursday night back to DP and Crispix. To speak the truth, though, God was the one who helped me (as He always does) survive on less sleep and get my grades figured out to the point I needed them to be. Whereas sometimes grading takes forever, I could tell He was helping me speed up the process, especially in my worn-out, brain-dead state of exhaustion. Without His help, all the Cheetos, Pepsi, DP and Crispix in the world couldn't have kept me awake! Aint' He great! Last night, I crashed. Naomi couldn't help but laugh at me when I was too tired to crawl out of bed to get ready for bed. I think I could sleep for a week!

3 comments:

Ruth Camburn. said...

"So the grading fuel for Tuesday night was Wild Cheery Pepsi and Cheetos.." Wild Cheery Pepsi.. is that like a drug? make you happier!! *laughs* that would be a good name for a food.. cheery!

Harrison Beckmann said...

Oh, the great life a procrastinator.

God is good to us who live that lifestyle.

Ruth Camburn. said...

yay!!!!!!!! I procrastinate lots too... it's kinda like one of my hobbies i guess...