Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Twists in the fabric of things

Life is officially mixed up--my sister is now old enough to wear (and look good in, I might add) my clothes. At first I thought it was cool. Then I pondered getting annoyed. Then I realized that it was a MAJOR compliment that my clothes are cool enough for her to wear.

My aunt is back in the States from Nigeria and realized that, staying Stateside, she's going to need a new wardrobe. She and my mom have been shopping for three days. They found many good deals. We looked at many new outfits and nodded or shook our heads or oohed and aahed as appropriate. We had a fashion show tonight while my sister was away at the LC GB (LC=Living Candles, the name of her youth group; GB=graduation banquet for those who just graduated from high school--everyone comes to see the seniors off to college, or, as my sis says, to celebrate their leaving).

Listening to my sister tell about GB, I am reminded of reasons I am glad I'm no longer a high-schooler. Reasons that make me smile. Reasons I'll keep to myself.

2 comments:

DellaRose said...

;)

Ruth Camburn. said...

hmph. don't be a shellfish! SHARE~