Friday, July 06, 2007

Who talks more?

This article on chattering reveals scientific research on the talkativeness of men and women. It makes me smile--I guess talking is basically a human thing to do! I must confess, though, that I don't like to hear the innocent progression of stereotyping and teasing ("women are chatterboxes") treated as borderline harassment of women in a sexist society--feminism really gets my dander up! I do not believe that societies which take advantage of women or ignore them and treat them as worthless are in any way justified in treating women that way. However, feminism's insistence on female dominance rather than feminine value has left America in the power of many social diseases.

But, really, this article made me smile. And it was nice to hear that we women aren't the only ones who like to talk!

No comments: